Saturday, January 15, 2011

Energy of the Future

There have been a number of ideas brought forth as to being the solver of part of the problem of future energy for use upon this little blue planet of ours. But no one has a solution that will, by itself, solve our energy problems by themselves. This is also true of what energy to use to propel us to far distant stars and planets. They have one solution but it will only last for 10 years and then the people using the space craft will have to develop their own solution. What I think the problem is, is that they are all looking to solve the problem with 20th century solutions. What they have to look for is a 21st or even a 22nd century solution. What does this mean? Well I think it means that they have to look at what elements they don't know and how could they use them with what they know to create new sources of energy. Just because they haven't found them does not mean that they don't exist, it just means that they have not found they way and/or means to find them.

I was taught in computers that when you start to design something and you don't know how long it will take, you start at the end and calculate what you need before the end to get there. And then what is needed to get to the next to last step and so on until you get to the beginning or where you are at this time. I know that it sounds strange to some and logical to others but really isn't that the way that the physicists, chemists, and mathematicians should be thinking. Not how to get there, but what are they trying to get to and work back wards. Isn't that really what Einstein was trying to tell us with his famous equation E=MC2? I know that he worked out how to get there, but didn't he really understand where he was going and worked it out as to how to get there? I don't know as I am not a genius or even really smart, but I do know how to think logically and that is how you get to where you want to get to. This simple idea has been running around my brain ever since I first heard of it and tried it out to solve my first computer problem.

I also used it to plan the implementation of a new system for NATO that is now the basis for all communications between all the different military departments around the world. This is to insure that no-one military will be left in the dark when it comes to working together to solve a problem. Therefore I believe that I can speak with a little confidence when I say: "Start solving the problem, by looking at the final solution".

No comments:

Post a Comment