Monday, August 9, 2010

Visiting Another Country

As I have traveled to many countries while in the Air Force and afterwards, I hope you all realize that when you enter the new area that You are the Foreigner. If you want a good definition, Wikipedia says:
Foreigner may refer to:
* Alien (law), a person in a country who is not a citizen of that country.


Too often I have heard people complain that things were not as clean, or as well organized, or everything was closed at the wrong time, or etc. etc. But they have fogotten that as soon as you leave your little community or area, that you are already a foreigner. Their ancestors have lived in the area for years or decades or centuries and throughout that long time period they have developed their way of living. This all depended upon if they had been over the centuries been invaded or occupied by other Foreigners who left an imprint of their passing behind.

This could be in the way they live, the way they build their houses, the way they look or a combination of all that I have stated before. Or even other things that I have forgotten to mention. Throughout history one of the main things the invading armies did was to in the begging rape the women and later, if they stayed long enough, married into community. Thereby they changed the looks of the people as well as their ability to think of different things.

I married a women from Holland, so my son's have mixed genetic background including my mixture of English, German, Scotch and Irish. So I hope because of it that they are exceddingly successful in their computer networking business. As I have been living or visited so many different coutries I call myself an International, even though I am an American.

What are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment